In light of the event's resounding success in recent years, the City Open Air Cinema, organised by the Luxembourg City Cinémathèque, is back again this year, in front of the Grand Ducal Palace, in the very heart of the city. The moonlight cinema experience promises to be "larger than life": a huge screen, over 500 seats and a fun-filled atmosphere, for starry nights watching your favourite characters on the silver screen.
The programme includes a variety of fun and mainstream films, both contemporary and classic, as well as cult movies and cinematic masterpieces, all shown in a splendid outdoor setting. This year's selection is sure to dazzle.
Admission is free!
Dates, times and venue
22 to 30 July 2022.
Screenings begin at sundown at 21:30.
Forecourt of the Grand Ducal Palace.
- Friday 22 | 07 Death on the Nile (USA-UK 2022 | Directed by: Kenneth Branagh | In English with French subtitles | 127')
- Saturday 23 | 07 Breakfast at Tiffany's (USA 1961 | directed by: Blake Edwards | In English with French subtitles | 115')
- Sunday 24 | 07 Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (France 1953 | Directed by: Jacques Tati | In French with English subtitles | 87')
- Monday 25 | 07 The Man Who Knew Too Much (USA 1956 | Directed by: Alfred Hitchcock | In English with French subtitles | 120')
- Tuesday 26 | 07 Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (France 2001 | Directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet | In French with English subtitles | 122')
- Wednesday 27 | 07 A Fistful of Dollars (Italy-Spain 1964 | Directed by: Sergio Leone | In English with French subtitles | 99')
- Thursday 28 | 07 The Circus (USA 1928 | Directed by: Charles Chaplin | silent film with English intertitles | 72')
- Friday 29 | 07 West Side Story (USA 2021 | Directed by: Steven Spielberg | In English with French subtitles | 151')
- Saturday 30 | 07 Encanto (USA 2021 | Directed by: Jared Bush, Byron Howard & Charise Castro Smith | In English with French subtitles | 102')